Sunday, 29 September 2019

Use of Language - David Keane's course (The Art of Deliberate success)

Through using the App version of The Art of Deliberate success I've come across some excellent Podcasts focusing on how the language we use affects our attitude to our day. I've listened to Oprah interview some really interesting people and have followed up on borrowing related books by these people from the local library. Currently on my reading list is 

  • The 7 habits of highly effective people (I used to own this book but got put off by the word PARADIGM which makes my train of thought grind to a halt as I find it hard to envisage what a paradigm is!). I'm having another go.
  • an analysis of effective leaders
  • a text by Iylana van Zant on forgiveness
The biggest impact I have experience from Oprah's podcasts so far is her statement "when you you better you do better" as in - forgive yourself for doing/acting/saying things in the past that you were doing your best with at the time. For me this also extends to how I interact with my colleagues and operating from a point of grace rather than judgement.
Everyone is going through something in their lives which may be impacting on their efforts/attitude at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment